User login

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

What is an A Brace in Carpentry?

When in the beginning stages of building a structure you need to do what’s called wall framing which is essentially setting up the framework that will hold a wall in place. And a brace is shaped like the letter a and is used to temporarily hold the framework and the wall up until an additional wall can be directed and connected to use as further support.

by Margaret Walker on Mon, 12/14/2009 - 07:37

Home Improvement & Carpentry Terms Reference

Learn the definition of many home improvement and carpentry terms

Recent Posts


Are you excited for Avatar 2?:

Random image

I love the smell of burning adventurers in the morning