What is a verb?
The definition of a verb is a word that forms the central action of the sentence. For example, in the following sentence:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
"Jumps" is the verb. Every verb has a subject; what it applies to -- in this case the subject is "the quick brown fox". Verbs can also have adverbs and objects -- which modify the verb, or specify what the verb acts on. In this case that is "the lazy dog."
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California