User login

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

What is a King Rafter in Carpentry Terms?

This is simply a standard rafter or support beam that is used at one end of the roof to set the overall framing in place for the roof. It is used in standard hip roofing and must be placed very carefully for the sake of maintaining the structural integrity of the roof.

by Margaret Walker on Mon, 12/14/2009 - 08:06

Home Improvement & Carpentry Terms Reference

Learn the definition of many home improvement and carpentry terms

Recent Posts


Are you excited for Avatar 2?
I already dyed my skin blue in anticipation!
I think I'll wait for the reviews
I prefer movies about puppies and kittens!
Total votes: 6001

Random image

Average cost of rasing a child