What are Cripples or Cold Jack Studs in Carpentry Terms?
You may also hear these cold jack studs or trimmers. These are simply vertical pieces of framing would or steel they run above and below the horizontal supports for Windows, doors, and other independently movable components of the wall. These are used to better hold these in place and to provide overall support for the wall’s integrity.
Home Improvement & Carpentry Terms Reference
Learn the definition of many home improvement and carpentry terms
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California