What is the Average Cost of a Blood Transfusion? Average Blood Transfusion Price
The average cost of one unit of blood is between $250 and $500. Since the rate differs from one city to another, and even from one hospital to the other, it is quite difficult to find out the exact cost without specific inquiry. The National Blood Data Research Centre, an independent and non-profit Corporation, is the ideal source of information on matters relating to blood transfusion. The total cost of blood transfusion is, however, reported to be between $1,500 to $2,000, thereby making this part of medical care also really expensive. Blood transfusion is usually necessitated to replace blood lost during an accident or surgery, to overcome anemia or for those receiving chemotherapy, where the bone marrow remains temporarily unable to make new blood cells.
+by Margaret Walker on Mon, 10/11/2010 - 22:51
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price