What is the Average Cost of Living in New York State per Month?
The average cost of living in New York State per month is approximately $3375. This is due to a number of factors. Firstly, New York has a high population density - 408.7 people per square mile compared to the US average of 86.2/sq.m. This forces up the price of living space which in turn raises the cost of living. Secondly, also partly due to this high population and population density, personal transport is not commonly used, and money needs to be spent on public transport such as subways. Finally food prices in high density areas like New York are higher as the food needs to be imported from further away, as it is not commonly produced in the area.
+by Margaret Walker on Sat, 10/09/2010 - 07:35
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
Are you excited for Avatar 2?
I already dyed my skin blue in anticipation!
I think I'll wait for the reviews
I prefer movies about puppies and kittens!
Total votes: 5962
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price