What is the Average Cost of Sugar per Cup/Pound? Average Sugar Price
The current wholesale cost of sugar per pound is $0.228, making the price per cup $0.114. This price has increased from $0.15 per pound approximately six months ago. The retail price is closer to $0.38 per pound, or $0.19 per cup. American sugar beet farmers have benefitted from government aid, as sugar could be purchased from Central America and Africa at approximately half the cost. Tariffs also play a part in the importation of sugar from other countries.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price