What is the deepest point in the ocean?
The deepest point in the ocean is the Marianas Trench in the Pacific Ocean, plunging 6.85 miles down into the depths. The pressure at the bottom of the trench is so great that no multi-cellular life can live at the bottom. The deepest point of the trench is called the Challenger Deep, and is located near the Mariana Islands.
Find out more amazing world records in our World Record Series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California