What is the Average Cost of Back Surgery? Average Back Surgery Price
The cost of back surgery varies primarily as per the complexity of the procedure. Average cost of endoscopic surgery ranges from $6,000 to $8000, according to current pricing quotes. In case of spondylodesis surgery, average of these costs may be between $12,000 and $15,000. Cost of laminectomy depends upon the extent of complication. It may reach as high as $85,000. Similarly, average vertebroplasty costs may be $14,000. These costs do not include other expenses such as hospital stay and medication.
There are different types of back pains. Not all of them require surgery. In general, back pain related surgeries are be classified as endoscopic, spondylodesis, laminectomy, and vertebroplasty. Of these, endoscopic is the least invasive. Spondylodesis is slightly more complex surgery. This is necessitated when nerves are under pressure because of some bone, disk materials, or ligaments. This type of surgery is also used to fuse any abnormal vertebrae. In laminectomy, the surgeon may have to go a step further and remove bones that are the cause for spinal canal enlargement. This is the most complex back surgery. In vertebroplasty, the surgeon injects some bone cement to repair any vertebral fracture, or vertebrae that is compressed.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price