access Linux Command Reference Example: access command man page
access - determine whether a file can be accessed
access -mode file
Exit successfully if file can be accessed with the specified mode. mode is one or more letters of rwx, where r is for readable, w is for writable, and x is for executable.
The difference between access and test is that the latter looks at the permission bits, while the former checks using the access(2) system call. This makes a difference when file systems have been mounted read-only.
access accepts the following additional options:
Print help message and exit.
Print version information and exit.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California