Will Chickens Eat Pumpkins?
Chickens will eat pumpkins, and they particularly enjoy the seeds. This big orange fruit with tough thick skin poses great difficulties for chickens initially, but they can overcome it. If the pumpkin is cut open, that increases the likelihood that they will eat it. The chickens peck the tough outside skin and eat the layers of pulp inside, the seed membrane and the seeds. Pumpkins grow on the ground. Sometime it gets rotten and opens up. The chickens find it convenient to feast on the soft skin and the seeds of the pumpkin.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California