Why is the Word Panties Plural?
The word ‘Panties’ is a variation of underpants or pants which have come from ‘Pantaloon’, a tight-fitting male trouser with attached long socks or stockings. The word ‘pant’ is singular and the part ‘ies’ is a kind of plural suffix or diminutive. One complete apparel that is worn under pants is called as ‘panty’ however, the word ‘panties’ has become acceptable over the years despite of the fact that it refers to a single item.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California