Why is Bacon So Expensive?
Bacon is so expensive because of the amount of corn it takes to make bacon. For example, a farmer needs to grow 10 pounds of corn to feed his pig. The pig in turn produces one pound of bacon. Therefore, buying one pound of bacon is like buying 10 pounds of corn. That's why it's more expensive. It is related to the food chain. Energy becomes scarcer as you move up. Thus, it has more value. And in general, meat is more expensive than most other things, like chicken and seafood.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Tune Up Cost? Average Tune Up Price
- How Much Does an Average Trip To Hawaii Cost? Average Trip To Hawaii Price
- How Much Does an Average Trial Cost? Average Trial Price
- How Much Does an Average Tattoo Cost? Average Tattoo Price
- How Much Does an Average Roof Cost? Average Roof Price