What is the World’s Fastest Marathon Time?
The fastest marathon ever run by a human was two hours four minutes and 55 seconds. Covering a total distance of 26.22 miles, this gives an average speed of 12 ½ mph. This world record fastest marathon time was set by a Kenyan man named Paul Tergat in a German marathon in 2003.
Find out more amazing world records in our World Record Series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California