What is the iPhone OS 4.0 Release Date?
The previewed iPhone OS 4.0 release date will likely coincide closely with the launch of the next-generation iPhone. This is likely to happen in June or July of 2010. Since it is widely believed that this will take place, to coincide with the 2-year contract of iPhone 3G owners, it is also widely believed that iPhone OS 4.0 will make its debut on this device.
Some unannounced, but rumored features include:
- Support for a screen with 4x the resolution of the iPhone 3GS
- Pixel doubling to scale apps up to the new resolution before updates released allow them to work natively
- Support for video conferencing via a front-facing camera
- Tighter integration with cloud-based services
Some of the more wild unannounced features include:
- Possible suppport for new gameplay features such as regions of the screen which are "clickable"
Some confirmed features include:
- Support for a games center with badges (ala Xbox 360 achievements)
- Ad serving support
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California