What is the average cost of an IUD without Health Insurance? Intrauterine Device Price Range
The intrauterine device (or IUD) is a highly effective form of birth control, lasting up to 12 years. It also has numerous other medical uses, generally related to medication administration. The initial cost of an IUD is $300 on average. It ranges from $175 to $650 for the overall procedure. The device itself costs between $100 and $400, the rest of the charge being for the procedure. There are no recurring fees unless there are complications of some kind. It is important to note that the procedure must be performed by a professional health care provider. Amateur insertions are potentially dangerous, ineffective, and unhealthy.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price