What is the average cost of a Criminal Attorney? Price Range of hiring a Criminal Lawyer
The average cost for a criminal attorney varies according to the crime in question as well as the lawyer in question. If working on an hourly wage, a lawyer’s fee comes to between $100 and $300 per hour, with more skilled lawyers charging more. A legal aid (or public defender) lawyer charges nothing, their fee being provided by the constitutional right to a lawyer. A misdemeanor charge may cost as little as $200 to $400. The general cost for a first offense DUI charge is between $500 and $1,200, depending on the case. A more complex or serious DUI charge will cost between $2,500 and $25,000, severity and length of proceedings being the primary factors. A lower level felony charge (such as assault, fraud or theft) will cost between $5,000 and $10,000. A serious felony charge of murder or sexual assault will often range between $25,000 and $50,000. Higher end lawyers and more complex cases can easily run into the millions of dollars.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price