What is the World’s Longest Swimming Distance?
The longest distance anyone has ever swam is 3750 nautical miles, across the entire Atlantic Ocean. This was performed by Benoit Lecomte over the course of 72 days. He was guided by two sailors on a sailboat and he swam about seven hours a day for two hours at a time. Such extremely long distance swimming should not be attempted by anyone who is not specially trained.
Find out more amazing world records in our World Record Series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California