What is the World’s Biggest Cancer Tumor?
The world’s biggest cancer tumor weighed over 300 pounds. It was removed from a woman’s stomach during a six-hour surgery. The tumor was so massive that it weighed almost twice as much as the woman it was removed from. The tumor removal procedure was performed in the Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto California in 1991.
Find out more amazing world records in our World Record Series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California