What is the World’s Biggest Animal?
The biggest animal in the world is the blue whale. It measures up to 190 metric tons in weight and up to 110 feet long. These truly enormous animals live in deep parts of the ocean and migrate regularly in search of their main source of food: krill. Krill are a tiny shrimp-like creature that this type of baleen whale feeds on in mass quantities.
Find out more amazing world records in our World Record Series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California