What is the Average Cost of Sillimanite? Average Sillimanite Price
Sillimanite is also called Bucholzite and like Kyanite and Andalusite is an alumino- silicate polymorph. It was described for the first time in 1824 and was named after the American chemist Benjamin Silliman. There are known two varieties of sillimanite: traditional and fibrous type, both of them occurring in sedimentary rocks. It has a white, brown or green color, with a vitreous luster for the traditional sillimanite and silky when it is fibrous. It is rarely used as a gemstone and as a mineral specimen. A small specimen of sillimanite weighing 0.8 pounds can be bought for $31.5.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price