What is the Average Cost of Formaldehyde per pound? Average Formaldehyde Price
Formaldehyde is primarily a gas with a pungent, irritating odor. Formaldehyde is soluble in water and in many solvents. Formaldehyde may derive from the combustion of methane or other compounds rich in carbon such as fossil fuels, wood, tobacco. It is formed naturally in atmosphere, through methane oxidation under the action of solar radiation. Small amounts of formaldehyde are generated from metabolic processes, both in plants and animals. It was first identified in 1867 by August von Hofmann. It is mainly used in the production of resins. The average price of formaldehyde is strongly related to the price of methanol.
Cost and Price Reference Series
Find out the cost of many of life's important purchases here, in our cost and price reference series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What Is the Average Cost of Dunite Per Pound/Ton? Average Dunite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Sepiolite Per Pound/Ton? Average Sepiolite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Scoria Per Pound/Ton? Average Scoria Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Saponite Per Pound/Ton? Average Saponite Price
- What Is the Average Cost of Rutile Per Pound/Ton? Average Rutile Price