What is in Dog Food? Ingredients and Uses
Dog food can be created from a wide variety of ingredients and cooking processes. Common dry dog food is usually composed of a combination of grains such as barley, rice, and wheat along with meat components such as beef, chicken, or pork. Dry dog food often contains ground bone meal as well. Canned dog food contains a much higher concentration of water than dry dog food and is usually composed of a mixture of meats and fats. Canned dog food will often also contain gluten to thicken its mixture and create what appear to be chunks of meat.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California