What is an engine oil pan in a car?
The definition of an engine oil pan is a metal container at the bottom of the engine which catches excess oil that drips out of the engine. This pan serves as a collection point, from which a sump pump sucks up the oil and redistributes it throughout the engine. Replacing an oil pan can be expensive because it is manufacturer/engine specific.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California