What is a terrier? Terrier definition and information
The definition of a terrier is a type of small dog, characterized by high activity and "fearlessness." Terriers encompass many breeds, rather than a specific type of dog.
Terrier originate primarily from Ireland and Great Britain, and were used in part for helping in fox hunting. The small dogs helped to corral the foxes and rabbits. Terriers have smooth coats and are small in appearance. A common breed of terriers is the Boston terrier.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California