What is a Hound? Hound definition
The definition of a Hound is a specific type of dog that has been bred for catching various types of hunting game, and includes a number of dog breeds. A broader, more informal definition of a Hound, is any dog.
Hounds generally have a strong sense of sight and a strong sense of smell, powerful legs, strong stamina (ability to run for long periods of time), and long (often droopy) ears.
Hounds were originally bred in Europe, particularly in France and Great Britain as part of big game hunting. A hound can be seen in Disney's popular animated film "The Fox and the Hound."
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California