What is a Harlot?
In present times, the word ‘Harlot’ is synonymous with female prostitutes. However, the word Harlot was first found in a book written in 13th century. At that point of time it was used for men having no specific occupation. Harlot also referred to a juggler or jester who could be either a male or a female. But at the start of 14th century it became more related to women rather than men and by the end of 17th century it started referring to women prostitutes only.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California