What is a Chimpanzee? Chimp Information, Facts, Diet and Pictures
Chimpanzees are a type of ape native to an area of Africa near the Congo River. The term chimpanzee includes both common chimpanzees and bonobos. Chimpanzees are known to develop complex social relationships and system, and are marked by a generally omnivorous (eat all forms of food) or frugivorous (fruit-eating) diet. Chimpanzees are quite intelligent and have been known to use tools for at least the last 4500 years. Chimpanzees have even been observed creating spears by chiseling wood with their teeth. They use these spears to hunt bushbabies and digging up termites. Chimpanzees are widely considered to be among the precursors to human evolution.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California