What is Sweet Cicely Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Sweet Cicely in Food
The leaves and seed of Sweet Cicely are taste enhancers and used in salads. They are also boiled and eaten. The root is eaten raw, or dried and ground to be used as a spice. Sweet Cicely has a large variety of medicinal uses. The root has health benefits of an antiseptic, oxytoxic, pectoral, stomachic, carminative, ophthalmic and expectorant. Medicinal tea derived from the root has is very effective in aiding in the relief of digestive disorders. A strong infusion is also used to induce labor in pregnant women and help treat indigestion, flatulence, stomach ache and fever. No such health hazards are associated with Sweet Cicely although it can cause insomnia and changes in blood pressure.
The contents of the Kay Circle website, such as text, graphics, and other material ("Content") located at kaycircle.com and its subdomains or aliases ("Website") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical/dental advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dental professional, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical/dental condition. Never disregard professional medical/dental advice or delay in seeking it because of Content found on the Website.
If you have a medical/dental emergency, call your physician/dentist or 911 immediately. Kay Circle does not recommend or endorse any specific third-party tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information found on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by Kay Circle, its employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of Kay Circle, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What are Elderberries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Elderberries in Food
- What are Juniper Berries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Juniper Berries in Food
- What are Thickening Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Thickening Agents in Food
- What are Gelling Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Gelling Agents in Food
- What is Mace Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Mace in Food