What is Limburger cheese?
Limburger is a Belgian cheese famous for its particularly strong smell. Its texture is quite soft and creamy, easy to spread or slice. Limburger’s heavy odor often masks its more subtle flavor which is slightly salty with the faint suggestion of a blue cheese flavor. Limburger cheese is often spread on dark rye bread with onion and served with a lager. It’s also quite popular when eaten with German style brown mustard. Limburger can be difficult to find outside of a specialty food store but can be bought online from such websites as artisanalcheese.com or igourmet.com.
A funny fact about Limburger cheese is that it is actually being used to fight the plague of malaria in certain regions of Africa. It was discovered that the bacteria that creates the heavy smell of Limburger cheese is actually the same one that is responsible for human body odor. The Jesus in place so as to attract the mosquitoes that spread the malaria virus away from human settlements and effort to reduce the spread of malaria.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What is Ammonium Bicarbonate Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Ammonium Bicarbonate
- What is Cicely Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Cicely
- What is Chrysoine Resorcinol Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Chrysoine Resorcinol
- What is Choline Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Choline
- What is Brown HT Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Brown HT