What is Jormungand? Norse Mythology Jormungandr/Midgard Serpent
Jormungand is an enormous serpent in old Norse mythology. Jormungand resides in the great sea surrounding Midgard, the realm of the humans. The serpent reaches all the way around the world and bites its own tail in its mouth. Also called the Midgard Serpent and the World Serpent, Jormungand is actually the offspring of the trickster god, Loki.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California