What is Folic Acid? Food Additive Ingredients, Health, and Use
If you have ever seen folic acid on a list of ingredients, you may have wondered what it is. Folic acid is commonly referred to as vitamin B9. The lack of folic acid can cause a variety of health issues including cancer, stroke, heart disease, and reproductive issues. Folic acid should not be consumed in quantities exceeding 1 mg for adults.
Disclaimer: While this food additive or ingredient may be currently acceptable according to the FDA standards, this may be subject to change in future. This article is for informational purposes only and does not condone the consumption of this substance. Excessive consumption may be dangerous.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What is Ammonium Bicarbonate Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Ammonium Bicarbonate
- What is Cicely Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Cicely
- What is Chrysoine Resorcinol Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Chrysoine Resorcinol
- What is Choline Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Choline
- What is Brown HT Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Brown HT