What is Distarch Phosphate Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Distarch Phosphate in Food
Distarch Phosphate is used as a thickening agent and as a fiber. It is used widely in frozen foods, sauces, soups and pie fillings. It is also added to bread, bakery products, breakfast cereals, snacks and pastas. It is good for the health of large intestine and increases absorption of iron and calcium. It reduces the risk of intestinal cancers. It is good for use by diabetics as it doesn’t increase blood glucose. It is also beneficial to reduce bad fats and cholesterol which can accumulate in the lining of blood vessels as fat plaques and cause atherosclesosis. Thus Distarch Phosphate reduces the chances of cardiovascular events and stroke. It is also effective for weight loss, hypertensive and obese persons. Though at high intake levels, it causes caecal enlargement but the enlargement is not excessive to cause any complication. Also, it may cause diarrhea.
The contents of the Kay Circle website, such as text, graphics, and other material ("Content") located at kaycircle.com and its subdomains or aliases ("Website") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical/dental advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dental professional, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical/dental condition. Never disregard professional medical/dental advice or delay in seeking it because of Content found on the Website.
If you have a medical/dental emergency, call your physician/dentist or 911 immediately. Kay Circle does not recommend or endorse any specific third-party tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information found on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by Kay Circle, its employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of Kay Circle, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What are Elderberries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Elderberries in Food
- What are Juniper Berries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Juniper Berries in Food
- What are Thickening Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Thickening Agents in Food
- What are Gelling Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Gelling Agents in Food
- What is Mace Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Mace in Food