What is Disodium Guanylate Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Disodium Guanylate in Food
Disodium Guanylate is a natural salt. It is a food additive. It is used in foods in combination of glutamic acid or with Disodium Insonate. It is added to instant noodles, potato chips and other snacks, rice, tinned vegetables, meat and soup. It shouldn’t be given to babies under 12 weeks of age. Gout patients and asthmatics must avoid its use as it is metabolized to purine. It is a precursor of DNA and RNA. Health benefits include maintenance of water balance in the body, prevention of sun stroke, regulation of brain function, prevention of muscle cramps, maintenance of glucose balance, regulation of body fluids, maintenance of acid-base balance and making way for a healthy heart. Excess of this salt can lead to a rise in blood pressure, cerebral edema, swelling of brain nerves and coma in severe cases.
The contents of the Kay Circle website, such as text, graphics, and other material ("Content") located at kaycircle.com and its subdomains or aliases ("Website") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical/dental advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dental professional, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical/dental condition. Never disregard professional medical/dental advice or delay in seeking it because of Content found on the Website.
If you have a medical/dental emergency, call your physician/dentist or 911 immediately. Kay Circle does not recommend or endorse any specific third-party tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information found on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by Kay Circle, its employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of Kay Circle, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What are Elderberries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Elderberries in Food
- What are Juniper Berries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Juniper Berries in Food
- What are Thickening Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Thickening Agents in Food
- What are Gelling Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Gelling Agents in Food
- What is Mace Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Mace in Food