What is Decanoic Acid Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Decanoic Acid in Food
Decanoic Acid is a saturated fatty acid. It is used industrially in the manufacture of perfumes, lubricants, grease, rubber, dyes, plastic, food and pharmaceuticals. Some drugs in which Decanoic Acid is added are nandrolone, fluphenazine, bromperidol, haloperidol and vanoxerine. Its anti-microbial activity makes it very effective for Candidiasis. It also acts as an anti-fungal, bactericidal against Chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases. It is an effective anti-viral for HIV and Herpes Simplex . It is administered as a part of diet of patients with Fat Malabsorption Syndromes. It also has skin healing property. In saturated form it can lead to increased cholesterol levels and cardiac problems.
The contents of the Kay Circle website, such as text, graphics, and other material ("Content") located at kaycircle.com and its subdomains or aliases ("Website") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical/dental advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dental professional, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical/dental condition. Never disregard professional medical/dental advice or delay in seeking it because of Content found on the Website.
If you have a medical/dental emergency, call your physician/dentist or 911 immediately. Kay Circle does not recommend or endorse any specific third-party tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information found on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by Kay Circle, its employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of Kay Circle, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- What are Elderberries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Elderberries in Food
- What are Juniper Berries Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Juniper Berries in Food
- What are Thickening Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Thickening Agents in Food
- What are Gelling Agents Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Gelling Agents in Food
- What is Mace Used For? Health Benefits and Side Effects of Mace in Food