What do you do with asparagus?
Asparagus is a delicious vegetable with a unique taste. There are many ways to prepare it but the easiest and perhaps best of these takes only a few minutes. Rinse off the asparagus in cold water and cut off the blunt ends. Peel if you wish. Shake off any excess water, and set aside. Boil water in a medium pot and place a steamer basket in the bottom. Add in your asparagus and steam with a tight lid for about 5-7 minutes or until the asparagus has become a little tender but is still nicely firm. Remove it and set aside. Melt a tablespoon of butter with some olive or vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in your asparagus and squeeze in a teaspoon of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot. Asparagus can also be chopped up and fried with other vegetables, cooked in soup, or with meat in an Asian style stir-fry. You should also read our article on white asparagus.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California