What Type of Word is Hello?
The word ‘Hello’ stands for a greeting in English language. It is commonly used as an interjection or a noun. As per the Oxford English Dictionary, the word ‘Hello’ came from Old High German ‘Hala’ or ‘Hallo’ which was altered later. Hello is generally used while meeting other people and it is the first word that is said during introduction. The word ‘Hello’ is spelled in various ways in French and German languages but the actual meaning always remains the same.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California