What Is The Average Height Of A Girl?
The average height of a 17-year-old girl is 5’2 to 5’3, whereas a 15-year-old girl, on average, measures 5’2.Studies reveal that genetics is a major factor in determining the height of an individual. The average height is increasingly used as a measure of the health and American girls complain more of obesity, unable to maintain their body weight commensurate to their height. The average height of a 10-year-old girl in 1963 was about 55.5 inches and by 2002 it increased to 56.4. In sharp contrast, the average height of a 15-year-old girl in 1996 was 63.9 inches but did not change significantly by 2002, remaining at 63.8 inches. 5’8’’ is a rare height for an American girl.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California