What Is The Average Cost Of Hafnium Per Gram/Pound/Ton? Average Hafnium Price?
The average price of hafnium varies from $1 to $3 per gram, depending on purity and quantity. Hafnium is non-toxic. It can ignite spontaneously in powdered form. It is a lustrous, silvery, ductile metal that is chemically similar to zirconium. It is unaffected by all acids except hydrogen fluoride and all alkalis. Hafnium is used for nuclear reactor control rods because of its ability to absorb neutrons and its good mechanical and corrosion resistant qualities. It is also used in gas filled and incandescent lights. Hafnium alloys with several other metals, such as iron, niobium, tantalum and titanium. It is not found free in nature but is found in most zirconium minerals.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Tune Up Cost? Average Tune Up Price
- How Much Does an Average Trip To Hawaii Cost? Average Trip To Hawaii Price
- How Much Does an Average Trial Cost? Average Trial Price
- How Much Does an Average Tattoo Cost? Average Tattoo Price
- How Much Does an Average Roof Cost? Average Roof Price