What Does 'Hella' Mean?
The word ‘Hella’ is widely used throughout Canada and U.S. However in the beginning, it used to be pronounced only in Northern California and Washington State. ‘Hella’ refers to the words like ‘very much’, ‘a lot’ or ‘really’. Sometimes it is a kind of way to say ‘yes’. According to Pamela Munro, a famous linguist, ‘Hella’ is used to modify some of the adjectives like ‘good’. However the term ‘hell of a’ is used with a noun.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California