Sommelier Job Description
Do you enjoy wine? Do you have a particularly sharp sense of taste when it comes to matching wine and food? If so then a position as sommelier might be perfectly suited to your skills. The general sommelier job description covers the basics of the role: Assisting guests in choosing their wine. A sommelier must have a perfect knowledge of types of wine, years, and prices. In addition, he or she must also be able to perfectly match the wine with the dish being served to create a synergy between them. Becoming a sommelier requires extensive education on different types of wine, as well as experience as a wine taster.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary