Music Teacher Job Description: High School and Elementary School
If you like music of all kinds and working with children, then a job as a music teacher is a natural step. Music teachers are placed in charge of large groups of children and entrusted with providing them with a positive musical experience. Specific duties of a music teacher are listed on individual music teacher job descriptions and include giving private lessons to students, conducting classes and concerts, and organizing musical events for the school. A music teacher educational requirements include a strong background in a wide variety of musical instruments. Most positions specify that you must have a degree in music or teaching, although some do not. Even if a position as a music teacher is not your first choice, remember that making a living as a professional musician can be difficult, and music teacher positions are often open to skilled individuals.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary