Museum Curator Job Description
Most people know that curators are in charge of museums and historical buildings, but what are their exact duties? Any museum curator job description that you read will include the basics: manage and preside over a museum’s exhibits and workings. With more detail, curators plan museum events, catalogue artworks, artifacts and other items owned by the museum, budget new purchases, control maintenance, apply for funding grants, and obtain traveling exhibitions. A curator must be an expert in the field of which their museum focuses. A master’s degree in art, archaeology, architecture, or the museum’s specialty is the general educational requirement.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary