Is Water an Organic Compound?
Water is made of hydrogen and oxygen and so it is not an organic compound. An organic compound will necessarily contain a carbon atom. Organic substances imply a molecule with carbon. The foods we eat are made of organic compounds and chemical tests will ascertain how much organic substance every food contains. Drinking water contains high level of volatile organic compounds that can prove harmful to human health.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California