Is Water a Compound?
Water is a compound, having two hydrogen elements and one oxygen element. In other words, water is a compound because it is made of more than one element. It is not a mixture because it only contains one type of particle that is water molecule. A molecule is formed when two or more atoms join together chemically. A compound is a molecule that contains at least two different elements. Very importantly, all compounds are molecules but all molecules are not compounds.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California