Is Water Polar?
Water is polar molecule as the electro negativity of oxygen is greater than that of hydrogen’s. Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. The ability of one atom to attract an electron pair towards it is known as electro negativity. Hydrogen atom gets partial positive charge owing to lesser electro negativity, whereas oxygen atom attracts electron pair and gets the partial negative charge. Thus water molecules become a polar molecule. Firm hydrogen bonding exists between the water molecules.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California