Is Turkey Bad for Dogs?
The skin of a turkey, if fed to a dog in large quantities, can cause a life threatening condition called pancreatitis. Also, just like humans, dogs are susceptible to Salmonella. This can be found in the tartar of the turkey so avoid giving that to a dog. Additionally, you have to be careful with bones. Dogs can choke and die on turkey bones. Overall, however, in low quantities, turkey is not too harmful to dogs, as long as these guidelines are followed.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California