Is Swiss Chard Poisonous To Cats?
Swiss chard is not a poisonous plant. It can be consumed by cats in small quantities. However, should be avoided in large quantities, as swiss chard contain much of the oxalic acid. This acid can stop proper calcium absorbtion process in cats’ bodies and cause some undesirable health effects. Small amounts of the swiss chard are good for cats, as this plant takes the second place after spinach in the nutrient rich list of vegetables.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California