Is Long Island A State?
Long Island is an island located in southeastern New York and to the east of Manhattan at 1,401 square miles. It contains 4 counties, of which Queens and Brooklyn are boroughs of New York City and Nassau and Suffolk are mainly suburban or rural. Long Island had a population of 7,448,618 as of the 2000 census, making it the most populous island in any US state or territory. It is also the 17th most populated island in the world. Its population density is 5,470 inhabitants per square mile. If it were a state, Long Island would rank 1st in population density.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California