Is Karate Chinese Or Japanese?
Karate origins come from Okinawa. Presently, Okinawa is the part of Japan. However, historically Okinawa, a Ryukyu island, belonged to China. Only in the 19th century this island became a part of Japan. So, historically, Karate may considered as the Japanese martial art with Chinese origins. Karate won popularity in Japan only in the first half of the 20th century. Initially Karate meant “chinese hand”. Later on the meaning of the name was changed to the “empty hand”.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California